This super speedy Mexican black bean dish was so super speedy that we got fed up waiting for the sweet potato wedges to cook & ate it on its own with wedges to follow!
Here's your easy as pie recipe for 2 people:
- roughly chop a red onion, 2-3 cloves of garlic and half a red pepper
- microwave for 3ish mins to soften and cook slightly (no water needed but cover bowl)
- bung in your blender with approx 1/3 bottle of no salt passata.
- add approx 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika, a few chipotle flakes, 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, a shake of seaweed for natural saltiness, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin.
- give it a whizz & pour into bowl with a drained can of black beans
- warm through for 2-3 mins in microwave
- sprinkle with frozen (or fresh) coriander leaf
- give up waiting for everything else to cook and tuck in ... or you could learn from my mistake and allow extra time for your wedges first! 😃