Mmmmm, as it was sunny today we made ice-cream. Entirely healthy, creamy, sweet, delicious, sort of toffee & banana flavour. You do need a high speed blender though (I have a Vitamix). Recipe:
- approx 3-4 frozen bananas (peel before freezing and the riper the better)
- 3-4 medjool dates, pitted
- approx 1-2 tablespoons of cashew nuts
- a splash of vanilla essence (approx 1 teaspoon I would guess)
- a splash of non dairy milk
Whizz it all up in your blender using the plunger to push it down & get scoffing. The dates left little chewy bits - I could have whizzed for longer but we liked it like this. Instant ice-cream & well worth keeping bananas in your freezer at all times. My son described it as 'exquisite' ... he appears to be going through a vocabulary phase.
Other flavours are cherry chocolate using raw cacao powder & frozen cherries (with bananas as the base), mint choc, any berry flavour etc.